Update from Administrator – March 12, 2021
March 12, 2021
We continue with no new positive cases with residents and staff!
As you well know, this week marks one year that every nursing home in our state was required to impose visitor restrictions to do our part to combat the COVID pandemic. We cannot express how much we appreciate your patience and understanding during this very long journey we have taken together.
This week also commemorates a year since our team began their journey as “healthcare heroes” in the battle against COVID; doing their part to keep our residents as safe and healthy as possible, all while showing compassion and doing their best to meet not only their physical care, but their emotional needs as well. Please join me in thanking them and recognizing them again for what they did not only during the toughest parts of the pandemic, but what they do day in and day out.
We are aware that CMS has made some updates to their guidance regarding visitation. We are working on updating our policies and practices based on the changes. We ask for your patience as we implement any changes needed. We will send out additional emails as the changes occur. Please note that we are offering window, indoor and outdoor visitation, weather permitting. We continue to also offer facetime and other electronic visits.
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the federal CMS and CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines we must adhere to. We know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, but these guidelines have been put in place with your loved ones and our staff’s best interest in mind.
- Call the main phone number and ask for recreation to set up your visit.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time, and 2 visits per week per resident.
- Please do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must remain on at all times.
- Please come to the building with a mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- The receptionist will take your temperature.
- Go directly to the recreation room. Please do not stop at the nurses’ station, other offices, etc.
- All visitors and residents must wear a facemask that fully covers your nose and mouth, and it must remain in place throughout the entire visit; you must perform hand hygiene prior to approaching the visit area.
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!